This clinically based presentation will focus on a relatively new technology that optimises implant site development by increasing bone density and implant primary stability ,alveolar ridge expansion & subcrestal sinus lift via the process of osseodensification. It will feature the science as well as the clinical application and step by step protocol for its use. Case presentations will be featured to highlight the indications, contra-indications and advantages as well as complications associated with the use of this unique technology.
Implant primary stability (mechanical stability) is a crucial factor to achieve implant osseointegration. High primary stability is even more necessary in immediate loading protocols. If the primary stability is inadequate, implant failure rate can rise beyond critical levels. The most important bone factor involved in enhancing implant primary stability is bone density. Standard/conventional drilling procedures remove and excavate bone during implant site preparation. A new surgical technique known as osseodensification was developed by Huwais in 2013 and is made possible with specially designed burs to “move rather than remove” the bone, thereby increasing bone density as they expand the osteotomy. Osseodensification burs running counter clockwise (in reverse) allow bone preservation and condensation through compaction autografting during osteotomy preparation. This increases not only the periimplant bone density and mechanical primary stability but also the ridge width and implant secondary stability (osseointegration).
At the end of this presentation attendees will be able to:
- Describe the science of osseodensification.
- Differentiate between conventional bone extraction drilling and osseodensification bone compaction drilling.
- Identify indications and contra-indications for osseodensification.
- Describe the step by step clinical protocols for application of osseodensification in implantology.
- Employ the clinical technique of osseodensification in selected cases.
How to join?
This incredible webinar is free and for a small group. In order to participate and don’t miss your seat, you have to:
- Register at this link: https://bit.ly/2wrAvSA
- Wait for your confirmation email with the link to join the meeting.
- Join the meeting on April 27th at 6:00 pm CET.
Condiciones de pago
NO PAYMENT REQUIRED
6.00 pm CET (EUROPE)
12.00 pm NY
9.00 am LA
11.00 am CHICAGO