An interactive 4-day CE course with Live Surgeries and Hands-on Workshops.
NOW VIRTUAL REGISTRATION AVAILABLE
This course addresses general dentists and specialists who want to learn more about an evidence based concept on the treatment of periodontally compromised patients, regenerative and plastic-esthetic periodontal and peri-implant surgery along with clinical concepts for the prevention and treatment of peri-implant diseases. Starting with an overview on the anatomy, microbiology, etiology and pathogenesis of periodontitis and peri-implant diseases the Bernese concept is based on compre-hensive biological research of the last decades. It encompasses the most important aspects related to the diagnosis, treatment planning, nonsurgical and surgical therapy, use of systemic and local antibiotics, lasers and photo-dynamic therapy, regenerative and plastic-esthetic periodontal and peri-implant surgery in the overall frame of a comprehensive treatment concept.
Based on complex clinical cases, the various phases of periodontal therapy (i.e. systemic, hygienic, corrective and maintenance) including implant therapy in periodontally compromised patients and their long-term maintenance will be demonstrated.
Hands-on workshops and high quality live surgeries will help to acquire in-depth knowledge about the use of ultrasonic and air polishing systems, laser and photo-dynamic therapy, resective and regenerative and plastic-estehtic perio- dontal and peri-implant surgery.
- Anatomy of periodontal and peri-implant tissues
- Biology of periodontal and peri-implant wound healing and regeneration
- Etiology, prevalence, microbiology and pathogenesis of periodontal and peri-implant diseases
- Treatment planning / Case presentations
- Nonsurgical periodontal therapy / old and new concepts
- Use of systemic and local antibiotics
- Lasers and photo-dynamic therapy
- Diagnosis and treatment of endo-perio lesions
- Chemical plaque control / novel strategies for biofilm management
- Flap designs and suturing techniques for resective or reconstructive periodontal surgery
- Rationale and surgical techniques for crown lengthening
- Treatment of furcations
- Regenerative periodontal therapy
- Critical evaluation of biomaterials
- Perio-Ortho considerations
- The Modified Coronally Advanced Tunnel (MCAT) and the Laterally Closed Tunnel (LCT) techniques for the treatment of single and multiple gingival recessions
- Treatment of soft tissue defects around implants
- Implants in periodontally compromised patients
- Complication management
- Long-term results
- Risk assessment and maintenance
- Live surgeries and hands-on workshops
Including course material, PDF handouts of all presentations, coffee breaks, lunches and 2 dinners.
Theoretical and practical course with live surgeries and hands-on workshops (total of 35 CE credit hours)
Due to the current circumstances, the interactive 4-day CE course about the Bernese Concept for the Treatment of Periodontally, scheduled for September 28 – October 1, 2020, is also offered for the first virtually to a significantly reduced fee. In this way, even colleagues who are currently unable to travel to Switzerland or being part of a risk group have the opportunity to participate in it. All courses, presentations and high quality live surgeries will be shown on a special digital platform. Thanks to this innovative possibility it is also possible to bypass the different time zones, to chat and interact with your peers and to directly ask your questions to the experts. By signing up to the virtual experience, the big share of the course programme will be available on demand for the duration of three months after the course.
Place: School of Dental Medicine, Freiburgstrasse 7, 3010 Bern André Schroeder Auditorium
Faculty Department of Periodontology, zmk bern, University of Bern
Prof. Dr. Anton Sculean (course director)
Prof. Dr. Giovanni E. Salvi, Prof. Dr. Sigrun Eick, Prof. Dr. Dieter D. Bosshardt PD Dr. Christoph A. Ramseier, Dr. Alexandra Stähli, Dr. Mariya Asparuhova, PhD Dr. Sofia Aroca, PhD, Dr. Giles de Quincey, Dr. Beatrice Siegrist, Dr. Beat Wallkamm Prof. Dr. Christos Katsaros, Department of Orthodontics & Dentofacial Orthopedics Dr. Gérald Mettraux Bernita Bush, Dental Hygienist (RDH BS).
Hotel reservation https://bit.ly/35axL99