Reconstructing soft-tissue defects in the esthetic zone for teeth & implants, is highly challenging for any clinician. For many years, the scientific and clinical development of suitable surgical techniques was measured in terms of achieving the best quantitative results possible. In the current view, however, it is impossible to obtain successful treatment outcomes if the best defect augmentation possible does not go hand-in-hand with good qualitative results in terms of color, surface texture and scar tissue. Therefore, even small shortcomings of the surgical procedure could lead to problems that can hardly be corrected later in many cases.
Surgical interventions are only a small piece of the jigsaw puzzle for the successful management of patients with periodontal disease. In other words, even if executed using best practices and techniques, periodontal surgery procedures will not have a significant impact if they are not embedded in a practice environment that ensures that all the necessary phases of systematic periodontal treatment can be carried out in a competent manner.It seems sometimes that the perfect results can only be attained with several surgical procedures.
We need to ask ourselves if there might be alternatives which at the end allow us to achieve the same good results but we less effort. It may be that we need to develop new techniques and new ideas to fulfil these requirements. We need to question our treatment concepts.
This course will push you to your limits, thereby providing exactly the right impetus you need to effectively and sustainably train and enhance your manual skills in periodontal microsurgery.
Theoretical and practical aspects of gingival recession in teeth & implants management, comprise the main course contents. Clinical experience in this field dates back several decades and is substantiated by an excellent base of scientific evidence.
Dr. Markus Hürzeler
- Graduated from Zurich in 1984.
- He received his doctorate in 1986 from the University of Zurich.
- He specialized in periodontics in 1993 (belongs to the Swiss Society of Periodontology).
- He has been an associate professor since 1996 at the department of prosthodontics at the Albert Ludwigs University in Freiburg, Germany.
- Specialist in prosthodontics from Albert Ludwigs University in 1997.
- He currently practices Periodontics and Implantology in Munich, Germany.
- He is an associate professor at Albert Ludwigs University in the Department of Operative Dentistry and Periodontics.
- Associate Clinical Professor at the University of Texas, Houston.
FEBRUARY 11, 2023
- 9:00-10:30. Exploring the human palate – soft tissue autografts and their substitutes
- 10:30-11:00. COFFE BREAK
- 11:00-13:00. Coverage of gingival recession – the modified tunneling technique
- 13:00-14.30. LUNCH
- 14:30-15:30. Reconstruction of peri implant deficiency
- 15:30-16:00. COFFE BREAK
- 16:00-17:00. Hands-ON the tunneling technique for coverage of recession
Acquire a Premium Membership and you will get an additional 10% discount on this course
Special price for groups from 4 people
- LANGUAGE: English with simultaneous translation into Spanish.