The Vestibular Incision Subperiosteal Tunnel Access (VISTA) is used in mucogingival surgery to address a variety of soft tissue defects around teeth and implants. The VISTA concept, developed by the prestigious international periodontist Dr. Homa Zadeh, is minimally invasive, and allows to treat soft tissue defects with a series of advantages:
- it facilitates the elevation of the mucogingival complex for its coronal mobilization without tension;
- it provides wide access for the placement of different graft materials directly on the recipient sites;
- it avoids the need for surface incisions;
- it stabilizes the soft tissue in a coronal position with bonded sutures;
- it preserves blood supply and enhances healing without scars.
VISTA has a wide variety of applications: root coverage on teeth, peri-implant mucosal dehiscence coverage, periodontal and peri-implant regeneration and soft tissue volume augmentation.
This Course will offer hands-on, technical, and clinical experience with advanced VISTA applications for reconstruction of periodontal and peri-implant soft tissues.
- Understand the use of root coverage techniques
- Learn steps of the VISTA Technique
- Cover multiple recessions on teeth of an entire arch with VISTA
- Cover recessions on implants with VISTA
- Management of coronal replacement bonded sutures with composite
- Use and indication of different soft tissue graft materials
1. Root coverage of an entire arch with one single surgery and no marginal incisions
2. Root coverage in teeth with complex and multiple recession defects
3. Root coverage in teeth with cervical defects with VISTA and associated restorative treatment
4. Implant mucosal recession coverage in the esthetic area
Dr. Alfonso L. Gil
- Advanced Implantology, University of California Los Angeles (2016-2017).
- Advanced Periodontology, University of Southern California (2013-2016).
- Advanced Prosthodontics and Material Science, University of Zürich (2017-2022).
- Doctorate-PhD VISTA from the University International of Catalonia (2015-2019).
- Accredited Instructor by the VISTA Institute.
- Speaker at EAO, SEPES and SEPA.
- Editor-in-Chief of the International Journal of Esthetic Dentistry.
|9:00 to 10:00||Etiology, risk factors and evolution of root coverage procedures|
|10:00 to 10:45||Surgical steps of the VISTA Technique and scientific evidence|
|10:15 to 11:45||Materials for soft tissue grafts (autogenous CTG, L-PRF®, MDA, collagen matrices)|
|11:45 to 12:45||Clinical Case Presentation of Recessions on Teeth treated with VISTA|
|12:45 to 14:00||Clinical Case Presentation of Recessions on Implants treated with VISTA|
|15:00 to 16:30||Hands-on workshop on teeth with model and VISTA instruments|
|17:00 to 18:00||Hands-on workshop on implants with model and VISTA instruments|
|Upon completion of the course, each participant will receive the VISTA Course Certificate, issued by the VISTA Institute for Therapeutic Innovations.|
COURSE FEE = 1.895 €
(includes lunch and coffee)
(until August 31, 2023)
Limited number of seats to 12 participants, with personalized attention at all times
NOTICE: This course has been postponed to 2024
Headquarters and Course Location
Alfonso Gil Dental Innovations
Clinica Dental Albia
Calle San Vicente 8 Edificio Albia I, Piso 13 Bilbao, 48001, Vizcaya
Phone: +34 94 423 16 00
Contact: Mónica Murguia