Periodontal plastic surgery in the 21st century holds significant value in optimizing both the aesthetic and functional therapeutic objectives for patients’ smiles. This includes treatments for teeth, implants, and pontics of our prostheses. However, the reputation of these procedures is in question due to their failure rates, morbidity, and low predictability when performed without the necessary biological and surgical knowledge.
The goal of this eminent and practical course is to share concepts and strategies for minimally invasive surgery on gingival recession, peri-implant tissue deficiencies, and volume increase in edentulous ridges.
Microsurgical equipment and magnifying glasses or microscopes, as chosen, will be used during the practices. Specific learning models, including dry (CCMIJU models) and animal models, will also be utilized.
I assure you a before and after in your surgical skills.
See you in Madrid!
Friday, september 22, 2023
Brief anatomical review of mucogingival surgery.
Biological aspects of periodontal microsurgery.
- Root Recessions: Predictable Therapeutic Alternatives.
- Etiology: Triggering and Predisposing Factors.
- Classification and Forecast.
- Advanced flaps vs Tunnel flaps.
- Microsuture techniques.
- Obtaining palatal connective tissue:
- Anatomical and phenotypic differences.
- Criteria for choosing the technique.
- Root Coverage vs Keratinized Tissue Increase.
- Alveolar Sealing and Ridge Preservation.
- Mucosal Defects on Implants.
- Ridge augmentation for pontic
|15:30 – 17:00||Conference|
|17:00 – 17:30||Coffee break|
|17:30 – 20:00||Conference|
Saturday, september 23, 2023
- Instruments for minimally invasive periodontal plastic microsurgery.
- Microsutures. Use of magnifying glasses.
- CCMIJU vascular microsuture model.
- Obtaining of palate connective tissue graft on animal model.
- Root Coverage: Tunnel, Advanced Flap, Laterally Displaced Flap.
- Compensatory Alveolar Sealing in Immediate Implants (SAC).
- Ridge augmentation for pontics. Long-term results.
- Microsuture techniques: dry model and vascular model.
- Obtaining tissues in the Frankfurt model.
- Tunnel technique in animal jaw.
- Ridge increase.
|9:00 – 10:30||Hands-on with models|
|10:30 – 11:00||Coffee break|
|11:00 – 14:00||Hand-on with models|
|14:00 – 14:30||Lunch/Brunch|
|14:30 – 17:00||Conference|
Dr. Ion Zabalegui
Dr. Ion Zabalegui has more than 35 years of experience as a specialist in Periodontics and Dental Implants. After graduating as a doctor of medicine and completing a career in Stomatology in Bilbao, he became a Specialist in Periodontics at the University of Southern California (USC), Los Angeles.
He has served as Postgraduate Professor of Periodontics at the Universidad Complutense de Madrid, Visiting Professor of Integrated Dentistry at the Universidad del País Vasco and Postgraduate Professor at the Universidad de Valencia, the Universidad Internacional de Catalunya (UIC) and the Universidad de Santiago de Compostela. Member of the Sociedad Española de Periodoncia, American Academy of Periodontology, American Academy of Osseointegration, Pierre Fauchard Academy, International College of Dentistry, Sociedad Española de Prótesis Estomatológica, European Academy of Osseointegration.
Regular speaker at conferences on Periodontics and Dental Implants. Author of scientific articles, including his widely cited publication in 1999 entitled “Treatment of multiple adjacent gingival recessions with the tunnel subepithelial connective tissue graft” in The International journal of periodontics & restorative dentistry: a clinical report. He currently runs his own dental practice, Zabalegui Periodoncia, a reference center in Bilbao.
On May 20, 2022, Dr. Zabalegui received the Platinum Award from the SEPA Foundation (Spanish Society of Periodontics and Osseointegration); the highest honorary award of Periodontics in Spain.
COURSE PRICE = 1.995 €
Early registration price
(until June 30, 2023)
Special price for groups from 4 people
Installment payment available
(Request installment payment to firstname.lastname@example.org)
CANCELLATION POLICY: Reimbursement for canceling attendance at this course will be: a) 100% of the amount paid if requested six (06) months or more in advance of the course date, or b) 50% of the amount paid if the request is made less than six (06) months in advance and at least one (01) month before the date of the course. Refunds will not be processed for cancellation requests received less than one month before the course date. The refund will be made in the same bank account, Paypal account or Credit Card with which the corresponding payment was made. The cancellation request must be made by the participant or their legal representative and must be sent to the email email@example.com.
- Face to face course
- Place: Madrid
- Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org